Blueberry Cashew Protein Butter
You will be pleasantly surprised to see how easy and quick it is to make this scrumptious, silky-smooth cashew butter. It’s low in sugar, has an extra boost of protein, and the perfect berry taste that will make you want to lick it straight off the spoon!
• 2½ cup unsalted, raw cashews
• 1 cup freeze dried blueberries
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 scoop Lean Body for Her Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
Optional: 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil (if you want a thinner cashew butter)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread cashews on a lined sheet pan.
2. Roast cashews for 10-15 minutes, or until fragrant and light golden brown.
3. Let the cashews cool for 10 minutes, then place them in a food process, or blender (I would use a high-powdered blender like a Ninja or Vitamix)
4. Process cashews until completely creamy and smooth, stopping to scrap the sides of bowl a few times.
* This process may take anywhere from 4-8 minutes.
5. To the processor, add blueberries, honey, protein powder, and salt. Blend until well combined.
* Add in coconut oil, if desired.
6. Spoon cashew butter into a sealed glass jar. Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes