Can’t-Resist Pistachio Lime Protein Bars
These cool and creamy bars are low in sugar, low in carbs, and high in protein. All of this means you are totally allowed to enjoy this bar, or two… or three! Completely guilt-free! The nutty pistachio flavor pairs nicely with both the tart lime and sweet vanilla flavors. This scrumptious combination of flavors give you more of an excuse to eat more than 1, so go for it!
• 1 scoop Lean Body for Her vanilla whey protein powder
• 1/3 cup oat flour
• ½ cup pistachios
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
• 2 scoops Lean Body for Her vanilla whey protein powder
• 1/3 cup lime juice
• ½ cup coconut cream (use the solid portion of canned coconut milk)
• 1/3 cup xylitol
• 2 eggs
• 1 egg white
Optional Topping: crushed pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Add all of crust ingredients, except coconut oil, to a food processor. Blend until mixture resembles a flour-like consistency. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the coconut oil. Stir until mixture turns crumbly.
3. Spoon crust into a greased 8×8” baking dish. Press crust down until it covers the bottom of dish. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while you make the filling.
4. Using a hand-held mixer, beat eggs together on high speed. Add remainder of bar filling ingredients to the eggs and beat on low speed until smooth. Pour filling on top of cooled crust.
5. Return dish to the oven and bake for an additional 26-30 minutes. Let bars cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
6. Remove from fridge and cut into 16 squares.
Makes 16 servings.
1 serving = 1 square
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes