Chocolate Coffee Protein Truffles
These grain-free, low carb truffles only take 5 minutes to make but pack on a flavorful punch of coffee and chocolate. Store these treats in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 1 month for a healthy and easy grab-and-go snack.
• ¾ cup cashew butter
• 1/3 cup honey
• ¼ cup coconut oil
• ¾ cup coconut flour
• 2 scoops Lean Body for Her Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
• 2 tablespoons instant coffee
• 1 tablespoon coffee (or milk of choice)
• Optional: ½ cup chocolate chips
1. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt cashew butter, honey, and coconut oil for 35 seconds. Whisk mixture until smooth.
3. To the bowl, stir in coconut flour, protein powder, instant coffee, and coffee until mixture is well combined.
4.Using your hands, roll about 1 tablespoon of batter into a ball. Set on the sheet pan. Repeat this process until 20 truffles are made.
5. Place truffles in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
6. If desired, melt chocolate chips and dip truffles in the melted chocolate. Let cool.
7.Best if enjoyed at room temperature.
TIP: You can store the truffles in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to one month.
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes